Spring comes in like a... Snow Leopard?

>> Sunday, March 15, 2009

This is just nuts! It was forecasting rain for the next few days and what do we see when we get up but MORE snow... and more than you'd expect for a week that is supposed to be ushering in spring! It's crazy! Here are a few shots taken a half hour ago (it's still snowing but beginning to let up slightly and brightening up)...

If you look closely you can see the hellebores near the house with flowers on them (beyond the porch).
This brings to mind a March many decades ago... where on the first day of spring we had a bit of snow. The next day when I got home from school, my father called me into his room and waved the Bremerton Sun under my nose (front page) ... "Do you recognize anyone in that picture?" Cliff McNair lived up the street from us for a few years and apparently snapped the picture from his yard as Linda and I made our way home from school... with Billy Masburg (sp?) pelting us with snowballs. I think I emailed this out before, when it was first scanned. Seems appropriate this week!

Make no mistake... spring is still happening out there. The air is filled with its fragrance... the blending of earth, rotting leaves, new green growth and winter blooming fragrant flowers. It was exciting to walk to the mailbox yesterday and take in that air. :-)


2 comments:

Kristine March 15, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

Are you the one walking in the front or the back?

I can't believe you got all that snow. We had nice sunny weather today... almost felt like Spring. :)

Finishing North & South.. Alex and I are hooked and won't sleep until it's over.

Kathy M. March 15, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

I'm the one in the front... with the pony tail. I would have been close to 10 years old there... well, pushing 10.

Miller Family in October 1993

Miller Family in October 1993

Miller Family in 1986

Miller Family in 1986

Kristine's Wedding in Dec 2007

Kristine's Wedding in Dec 2007

  © Blogger template Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP